Saturday, May 16, 2015
Defense Ministry Stops Project, Losing Hundreds of Millions of Euros
There are parliamentary inquiries regarding the news that the Minister of Defense has stopped a computer project, which was meant to connect the information systems of the various parts of the army. The Ministry claims that the official costs of the project so far have been 433 million euros, but the National Accounting Office says that approximately 900 million euros have been spent. The project was started in 2004. In 2013 the Ministry concluded that the project was impossible, but continued to implement some parts of it. The Ministry says that since two parts of the project are functioning not all the money was wasted.
Posted by Bad News Blogger at 8:54 PM